We analyzed and over-analyzed around 8 currently most popular chrome polishes for full one day. And the Surf City Garage 139 Killer Chrome Perfect Polish has finally emerged victorious as the best chrome polish for cars. It shines in quality, value for money and ease of use.
But what if your budget does not comply? In that case, go for the Mothers 05101 Mag & Aluminum Polish (10 oz) at just under 4 dollars. It is suitable for a number of metals including brass, aluminum, and alloys. You can never be too broke to buy this godsend polish for your ride.
But why exactly do you need the chrome polish? And how to choose the best one without going through gallons of useless products. Read on to find the answers to all these questions and much more.
Factors To Consider Before Buying
A new car can seem new for only so long. But with the right chrome polish, you can always make your reliable getaway wagon seem like fresh out of the showroom. It also helps in removing any gunk from the vehicle thus adding years to its usefulness in the process.
The main factors that you need to absolutely keep in mind before buying a chrome polish are:
Ease of Use
A chrome polish comes in two main forms – cream and paste. The cream polish is a lot easier to apply and use again and again without much hassle. However, the paste polish is more in use being cheaper and also the only option until recently.
Stay away from the water-based polish at all cost. It hardly sticks to the surface of the car making it impossible to use it as a cleaning agent. Some polishes come with the sprayers while others require you to use polishing tools with your hands. Weigh your options beforehand and make the purchase accordingly.
Buying a new chrome polish for every different metal surface does not make any sense. Also, it will unleash havoc on your budget. So why to make such an uninformed decision when you have a wide range of highly compatible polishes available in the market?
All you need to do is to ask or search for a chrome polish that is compatible with chrome, brass, copper, aluminum and stainless steel among others. Thus, you will be able to make smart use of the chrome polish without burning a hole in your pocket for that new car shine.
A good chrome polish should actually serve a purpose rather than just make your vehicle look pretty. That is why we have corrosion and rust resistant chrome polishes available on the market today. They create a protective coating over the applied surface to prevent oxidation when it comes in contact with moisture in any form.
Thus, we can add to the life of our reliable pair of wheels while keeping its striking appearance intact. It is a smart way to maintain your vehicle from the inside out without compromising on any of its aspects.
Best Chrome Polish Reviews
Below, we have compiled a list of our top 8 suggestions in terms of the best chrome polish for cars. Let us examine them briefly with the necessary details:
1. Mothers 05101 Mag & Aluminum Polish – 10 oz
This polish has been designed in a way to give you the perfect balance between the ease of use and glossy finish. It has been in the business for quite some time now. And over the years. It has delivered almost perfect performance in terms of making innumerable vehicles look brand new.
In addition to this, they also offer a protective layer covering over the metal surface upon application. This makes it a double threat to the natural and mechanical agents that are constantly conspiring to slow down and dull your car.
- This polish is extremely easy to use on a variety of surfaces.
- Can be used on a number of metal surfaces including alloy, brass aluminum, and others.
- Comes at the incredible price of just $3.97 for 10 ounces of this magic polish.
- Requires just a bit of elbow grease and a clean cloth to regain the new car shimmer.
- Easy usage makes it the perfect option to be used on a regular basis.
- According to some buyers, it is not meant to be used on Chrome.
- Few others are complaining that they received an open product.
2. Blue Magic 400 7Oz Mtl Polish Cream
The polish comes in the cream form which means that it will be extremely easy to use with noticeably better results as compared to its paste counterparts. One can easily employ them with buffers and polishers to gain the shine on their automobiles like never before.
Tarnish and any other form of oxidation is easily removed when this cream polish is applied on the surface. It offers the protective layer barrier against the rusting agents thus prolonging the life of your vehicle. The variety of surfaces over which it can be used easily includes sterling silver, copper, brass, gold, aluminum plastic, alloy wheels and other chrome coated products.
- At just $6.97, you will find it worth every penny invested.
- Offers way better shine as compared to the paste alternative after polishing.
- Extremely easy to use time and again without much trouble.
- Glides easily on a number of metal surfaces other than the automobile surfaces too.
- Creates the highly protective impenetrable coating over the metal surface after use.
- Sometimes, you might encounter a blue tint over the surface if not buffed properly.
- It might contain a few carcinogens (cancer-causing agents) according to some reports.
3. Quickway Brands Quick Glo Chrome Cleaner
For those who don’t want to risk their life and the surrounding environment in the process of getting that irresistible glow, Quickway Brands Quick Glo Chrome Cleaner is the best option. It is eco-friendly and totally non-toxic with a formula that has been around for over seven decades now.
It is completely water-based and that means you don’t even need gloves to apply it. That whole soap and water shenanigan can be put to rest thanks to the ease of use that this chrome cleaner offers. Additionally, you can use it both indoors and outdoors to make any metal, wall or even glass surface shining like new.
- It takes just a single step to clean, polish and wax the required surface.
- Can be used as rust remover, polish and eco-friendly cleaner.
- At just $14.95, it will prove to be a smart and affordable purchase.
- Offers a sturdy wax coating that will prevent any harm to your car’s surface in the near future.
- Can be used almost anywhere for cleaning and protective coating purposes.
- Not as easy to use as claimed by the manufacturers.
- Might not be as effective against the rust and dirt when used initially.
4. Surf City Garage 139 Killer Chrome Perfect Polish – 16 oz.
The main purpose of this polish is to add extra shine to the bumper of your car or any other surface that seems too lifeless. It does not cause any scratching upon usage which means that it can bring back that newness to a number of items including your car. The price tag of around $20 seems justified for whopping 16 ounces of this polish.
- Removes rust stains and tarnish easily from the automobile’s surface.
- Special formula aims at removing the rust and stains in a quick manner.
- Leaves the surface with a mirror finish without harming it or your hands in the process.
- Can easily be used on stainless steel and aluminum too.
- Has been recorded to work at twice the speed when compared with the ordinary paste form chrome polish.
- Is not as effective against rust when used on the chrome or other metal surfaces.
- Might be a bit more watery that you are used to when you start using it.
5. Niteo No7 Chrome & Metal Polish, 8 fl oz, Case of 12
This 3-in-1 product is known to perform a variety of functions including rust removal, cleaning, and polishing. Being simple to use and fast in its effect make it a must-have for every seasoned automobile owner. You can get full 12 cases of this incredible polish at just around $43.
- You can both polish and clean the surface in a single operation.
- Does wonders on surfaces made of nickel, brass, copper and stainless steel.
- Can be used to remove rust stains, traffic film and bug splatters from various different surfaces.
- Enjoy the elusive mirror shine with its help on chrome trims and bumpers.
- Can also be used in the kitchen and bathroom to renew the dull and dirty surfaces.
- Some buyers are complaining of hyped performance claims by the sellers.
- The mirror shine is not achieved with that much ease and certainty with this product.
6. Simichrome 390050 All Metal Polish Tube – 1.76 oz.
Today, it has attained the status of a family advice passed down from generation to generation. It can be the invaluable family heirloom or the rusty bonnet of a vintage car. As long as you have a tube or even less of Simichrome 390050 All Metal Polish Tube, you will be able to achieve way more than just a silver lining. Currently priced at just $15.36, it will be money well spent for you and your successors.
- Does not leave any abrasive mark or scratch on the surface being cleaned.
- Can easily be used on chrome, aluminum, and other related metal surfaces.
- Known to show the result within 30 seconds by transforming old rusty objects into shiny collectibles.
- Can be used for a number of cleaning/polishing chores related to home, industry, auto, motorcycle and antique users.
- Upon usage, it also leaves an invisible protective coating behind to keep the shine intact for longer.
- The pungent smell of the polish takes some getting used to when you get started with it.
- According to a few buyers, it hardly made a dent in the dullness and corrosion problem of their cars/metal items.
7. Turtle Wax T-280RA Chrome Polish & Rust Remover – 12 oz.
Belongs to the 60-year-old institution of car care products based in Chicago. Currently, it is available for purchase in over 90 countries. It claims to restore the luster of rusty and lifeless surfaces without many efforts. You can easily get 12 ounces of this useful polish at just around 8 dollars from your nearest store or better yet online.
- One can use it with microfiber, cotton or foam pads for best results.
- Have been advertised to be extremely easy to use no matter what the surface.
- Shows its magic in the most brilliant form on accessories, wheels and chrome bumpers.
- Prevents future oxidation by leaving a strong protective covering over the surface.
- Has been the go-to option for car cleaning and care for over seven consecutive decades now.
- According to recent reviews, it is only good for chrome surface and not for any other metal.
- For best results, you need to use a good amount of product over the required surface.
8. Mothers 05222-6-6PK California Gold All Chrome Polish – 12 fl. oz, (Pack of 6)
The formula is rich in advanced polymers that makes it all the more effective against rust, fingerprints, water spots, and corrosion. Comes in a thick and smooth base that prevents any sort of smearing, scratching on the surface upon usage. The ongoing discount makes it possible to buy 6 cases of this polish at just $44.18 from Amazon.com.
- All you need to do is spray, wipe and buff to get that desired mirror finish.
- Can be used to clean and polish a number of products with chrome finishing including chrome plating, PVD chrome, and chromed plastics.
- Use it to remove all sorts of stains including fingerprints, smudges, dust, bugs and light water spots.
- Creates a protective barrier to protect the item and keep it shining like never before.
- Very easy to apply this gel polish with the help of a simple microfiber cloth in minutes.
- Requires a lot of elbow grease to get the desired result.
- The gel is too thick thus we have to put in extra effort to smear it all over the desired surface.
Tips For Polishing Chrome
You might have the best chrome polish for cars with you but you still might get stuck with underwhelming results. That is why it is better to clear the basics of chrome polishing first. And then get on with the polish selection process for your prized 4-wheeled delight.
The main steps involved in thorough polishing of a chrome surface are:
Always carry out the polishing process outdoors, no matter what. If due to some reason you have to do it indoors then makes sure that the place is well-ventilated to avoid getting suffocated by toxic fumes.
Wear protective goggles, gloves and cotton clothes. Also, the area needs to be well organized so that you don’t risk making a big blunder in all that clutter while you are in contact with such highly flammable chemicals.
If the surface requires to be sanded then you need to do so in a smart way. Always perform sanding in the same direction. It will make all the dirt and scratches disappear thus leaving behind only a considerably cleaner silky film. This way you will be able to keep the final polished surface intact for way longer.
Select Buffing Wheel and Cleaning Compound
Now, you need to make your decision regarding the cleaning compound/polish and the buffing wheel/tool you want to use. For the buffing equipment, you can choose among a felt sway or felt cone, sisal buffing wheel, buffing wheel and others.
Basically, the buffing tool needs to be stiff so that you don’t have to spend a lot of elbow grease. The cleaning compound should be compatible, safe and eco-friendly among other concerns.
Cleaning Compound Application
You can either perform the function manually or mechanically. If you choose the smarter mechanical way then make sure that you stick to the limit of 3,000 RPM or less. This way you won’t be overheating the surface while allowing the polish to perform adequately. Use only a sliver of polish in the start. You can add more polish if required.
Repeat the Cycle
Keep on repeating this cycle gently and patiently until all the visible scratches are removed. And you can actually see your reflection on that glossy mirror finish. Alternate between the buffing equipment for getting the desired results quickly.
Wash and Coat
After achieving the desired result, you just need to wash the surface with warm lathery water. This way you will be able to remove the excess polish deposit from the surface. Use a clean cloth to pat it dry. Then, if required, apply a thin wax film over the surface to keep it shining for a little longer.
That is all for now. If you want a more detailed guidance on the polishing process, you can watch the video below.
Today, you got to know the best that the chrome polish market has to offer for your requirements. According to us, the best chrome polish for cars is Surf City Garage 139 Killer Chrome Perfect Polish. You already know all its pros and cons by now so you can make a well-informed decision.
Which chrome polish serves your purpose the best? Let us know all about it in the comment section below. Share this article with your friends and family so that they can benefit from it too and thank you for the same later!