8 leading subwoofer brands, 12 hours and a lot of careful analysis led us to the conclusion that the CT Sounds Meso 8 inch Car Subwoofer 800w RMS Dual 4 Ohm is the best 8-inch subwoofer out there. It helps your audio system achieve deeper bass and better sound clarity.
Only about 30 dollars can also lead you to a pretty decent Planet Audio AC8D 1200 Watt, 8 Inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer for the time being. At this price, it is hard to believe the incredible performance that it delivers but it will definitely prove to be worth your time and money.
So woofers and subwoofers, what’s the difference exactly? Well, not much but if we are getting all technical then just know that subwoofer is used to boost the frequency band below the 30 Hz level. On the other hand, the woofers deal with the frequencies above this level.
Factors To Consider Before Buying
Your vehicle deserves the best sound system and a good level of research in the same vein on your part. Here, we have made this tiring job vastly simpler for you and put together the main factors you need to consider when you are in the market for a brand new subwoofer.
Type of Enclosure
The type of enclosure you use for the subwoofer greatly affects the voice amplification process. Place it within a sealed box to get the highest level of bass boost. Go for the bandpass or ported enclosures when you want to increase the volume level noticeably.
Voice Coil Count
Subwoofers with a single coil are pretty common. But you get a good boost in the overall audio system handling with the help of dual coil variant. This version contains two completely different loops that are connected separately and mounted over a cylinder.
Range of Frequency
This is one of the most important factors that you need to pay attention to. This range will give you an idea of how well the subwoofer in question can reproduce the bass for the low frequencies. Take into account the lower limit of this range that will give you a clear idea of the lowest frequency range that it can capture and reproduce the bass for.
It decides the power consumption that will be required to produce a certain level of sound. Just pick two random subwoofers with different power ratings. The sound produced by the subwoofer with lower sensitivity can easily be matched with a far lower power consumption with a subwoofer that has higher sensitivity.
The RMS power rating and the Peak power rating of a subwoofer will give you a pretty clear idea of how powerful a bass can it produce. Also, match the power output value of the amplifier with the power handling of the subwoofer to make sure that the final audio system that you put together for your car is perfectly in sync.
These are the select few factors that can make or break your car audio system depending upon how attentive you are towards their details during the purchase.
Best 8 Inch Subwoofer
We have curated a list of the best 8-inch subwoofers in the market at present. Take a look to decide which one will be most suited to your car’s audio system.
1. Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8″ Dual 2-Ohm Punch Series Shallow Mount Car Subwoofer
These shallow mount woofers bring the same bass punch in a more contained pack for the music lovers. You can surely benefit from it if your car does not have a proper place for the subwoofers and other audio enhancements. Get them for your car today at just under 105 dollars.
- The build quality and overall appearance are top-notch.
- Deep bass and crystal clear sound are the two key highlights of this brand.
- The dual coil will enhance the audio tremendously for your car music purposes.
- These subwoofers will save a ton of space that will help you to get other necessary audio equipment fitted comfortably.
- The installation process is extremely easy thus making it possible for you to do it yourself.
- You need to invest in a good quality enclosure to enjoy its full range services.
- You can easily find other louder subwoofers in the same range.
2. Sundown Audio X-8 V.2 D2 8″ Dual 2-Ohm XV2 Series Car Subwoofer
The brand is a hit among the bassheads who refuse to settle for anything but the best. This subwoofer is able to hit the deepest bass notes offering you a surreal music experience. You can actually see the difference in the depth and clarity of its sound as compared to its other counterparts. Currently, you can score it well within the 320 dollars mark.
- The dual voice coils present will offer you a better number of wiring options.
- Its build quality of these subwoofers is amazing for this price range.
- Are one of the most affordable subwoofer models in the market at the moment.
- Comes with the Solid Pole piece that contains machined air channels for improved voice coil cooling.
- Have been optimized efficiently for the small ported enclosures.
- The warranty does not cover the shipping charges for both ways.
- It might bottom out on the lowest frequencies.
3. 8W7AE-3 – JL Audio 8″ Single 3-Ohm W7 Subwoofer Anniversary Edition (8W7-3)
It comes with a variety of amazing features including the rotating ear cup. This makes it possible to easily position it and also pick between the single sided and shoulder rest styles, depending upon your preference. If you pair these up then they give the same effect of a professional 15 inches subwoofer. At just around 525 dollars, you can add it to your car sound system easily.
- The DMA – Optimized Motor System gives it a better and consistent power boost.
- An easy installment is ensured with the help of single 4ohms coil and spring loaded terminals on the same side.
- Peak power rating for this subwoofer is 500 W which is pretty impressive for its price range.
- Massive Aluminum Alloy Frame cooled by forced air makes it sturdy and durable.
- You can save a lot of space with them considering their highly portable and compact packaging.
- It might not be the loudest subwoofer out there in its price range.
- You might receive a faulty product if you don’t buy it from the suggested sites/locations.
4. Planet Audio AC8D 1200 Watt, 8 Inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer
This subwoofer has amazing power handling capabilities which are responsible for its long-standing success record among its customers. You get a number of setup options with this subwoofer thus making it easier on you and your car space. At a price of well below the 30 dollars margin, it is buyer’s daydream come true.
- It can easily reach the 1200 W peak power level that does wonders to your audio system’s sound.
- This model offers amazing listening experience and the deepest bass boost.
- Works perfectly with the factory installed stereo that minimizes a lot of work for its users.
- The amazingly robust polypropylene cone is enclosed within the foam casing to offer a more durable and natural sound effect.
- The aluminum-based dual voice coils are non-magnetic and highly resistant to corrosion.
- The installation process might require an expert for proper setup.
- Its sound quality gets vastly affected by the enclosure you end up choosing for it.
5. CT Sounds Meso 8 inch Car Subwoofer 800w RMS Dual 4 Ohm
Good price and great performance is the motto of this subwoofer brand. And so far it is translating well into the content customer experience. The ratings of 800W RMS and 1600W MAX seem impossible for an 8-inch subwoofer but somehow this brand makes it possible. At just 200 dollars, you can get it now and experience its allure.
- Best kind of magnets has been used in its structure for that elusive high-quality sound.
- It offers one of the loudest volume levels for an 8-inch subwoofer that makes the listening experience all the more transcendent.
- The sturdy and robust basket frame present ensures that the subwoofer remains unharmed irrespective of the usage style.
- Its highly versatile and easily compatible with a number of cars and audio systems.
- Can easily handle the frequencies as low as 30 Hz without any problem.
- The price might not make it feasible for a good number of interested car owners.
- High power input forced for long duration might cause a thermal breakdown.
6. Pioneer TS-SWX2002 8″ Shallow-Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure
As one of the best performing subwoofer at present, the Pioneer TS-SWX2002 8″ Shallow-Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure is world renowned for its powerful audio output. Its sturdy structure and amazing performance will give you all the more reasons to make this sound investment at just about 130 dollars.
- The push terminals are designed in a manner to save space and be easily fitted in vertical and horizontal position.
- Its precise and high-quality sound can be attributed to the MICA injection-molded resin cone.
- The compact structure is perfect for most of the open air and tight spaces.
- With its dual-spider design, it can produce loud volume for hours non-stop.
- The RMS power rating of 150W is outstanding for such a factory audio system.
- Separate mounting is required for the best possible results.
- Power capability is not as strong as the other subwoofer models in its class.
7. Skar Audio VVX-8v3 D4 800 W Max Power Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer, 8″ H
The Skar Audio VVX-8v3 D4 800 W Max Power Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer focuses on the sound detail by capturing and giving proper definition to even the faintest beats. It has a highly durable body and brilliant sound mechanics. Buy it at the reasonable price range of just about 90 dollars.
- It comes with zero risk factor related to the burning out, blowing and overheating troubles.
- Has the sound grade fit for the toughest and most demanding competitions.
- The competition-grade paper cone, advanced cooling system, and the custom tooled basket make it almost unbeatable.
- Its compact design turns it into a highly portable and versatile option.
- The massive triple stack motor and high-temp 2-inch copper voice coil maintain the perfect audio efficiency even at high levels.
- The sensitivity is quite low when compared with other subwoofers of similar configuration.
- You might find it a bit challenging to get just the right enclosure for it.
8. Kicker 40CWD84 8″ CompD Car Subwoofer – Each (Black)
The CES award holder for engineering and design has a lot of tricks up its sleeve when it comes to delivering mind-blowing sound quality. This small wonder can generate the earth-shaking bass bubble that is just what you need on your commute back home. Buy them pronto before they cross their roundabout 60 dollars price range.
- It gives you full control over the bass and sound quality with a number of handy features.
- The remote bass control, a phase – canceling switch, adjustable low-pass crossover and variable bass boost let you customize the sound and bass as per your mood.
- The 150-watt inbuilt amplifier further extends the sound quality horizon for you.
- Ease of installation and the compact size makes it possible for you to use it as and where you like.
- Fine – tuning of the sound is possible with this subwoofer without any kind of trouble.
- If you have experienced the best among the subwoofer then this model might underwhelm you a bit.
- The durability might be an issue if you are not a careful user.
These were the top 8 subwoofer models that are ruling the car audio market at the moment.
A car without good music becomes a lonely and tiring journey to the saddest destination. Therefore, you need to be extra careful before making the purchase so that you don’t end up with a substandard purchase that you grudgingly have to put up with every day.
Our recommendation is the CT Sounds Meso 8 inch Car Subwoofer 800w RMS Dual 4 Ohm for adding life to your car and journeys. We hope that you got the necessary information from our guide for making your next informed purchase.
Do you agree with our top picks? What else do you want us to mention in our product reviews? Tell us all about it in the comment section below. Also, forward this post to your kith and kin so that they can also benefit from it just like you did!