Driving in heavy rains can be quite challenging. We can’t clearly see the road ahead and our view of the front keeps on getting distorted by the minute. This situation is not only inconvenient but it can also lead to fatal conditions if we don’t take the right steps at the right time.
Rain repellent or the windshield treatment is the latest solution to curb this problem for good. They make the view ahead extremely clear to us. And also enhance the lifespan of our windshield since it has to work only half as hard to clear the glass screen.
These liquid repellents enable the wiper blade to glide smoothly against the glass thus reducing the overall friction whenever the need arises. One of the best examples of the same is the Rain-X 800002250 Glass Treatment Trigger which is reigning the market at present.
Spotless In Rain Or Sunshine
There is a wide range of rain repellents on the market that have been used in different conditions. we can choose the one that suits the weather conditions the best and will help we have a safe journey throughout the rainy season.
It is always better to do a quick research first since we don’t want to learn about the shortcomings when we are out on the road and it is raining cats and dogs. Asking around a bit from the professionals and our friends can also help us narrow down our options towards the right choice.
Types Of Glass Treatment For Cars
There are days when it feels like the heavens have opened their floodgates and it is never going to end flooding anything and everything in sight. And then there are days when it is just a light drizzle, the perfect season for something warm and crunchy to keep your company.
In both these conditions and everything in between, we do require a suitable glass treatment for our cars. This will ensure our safety on the road and thus making the rainy season safer than ever for everyone walking, driving or just cruising through those never-ending roads. The three main types of glass treatments that are gaining massive popularity nowadays include:
1. Nanotechnology-based Glass Treatments
The nanoparticles for a chemical bond with the silica particles of the windshield wiper blade. This will lead to the creation of an extremely hydrophobic surface that will keep the interfering raindrops away from our line of sight.
2. Fluorinated compounds-based Glass Treatments
The glass treatments that use the fluoride compounds end up forming a strong chemical bond with the glass surface. They are less stronger than the nanotechnology-based treatments but they are surely way stronger than the silicone-based compounds.
3. Silicone-based Glass Treatments
This glass treatment is the least effective of the three glass treatments being discussed here. It just coats the glass surface with a layer to keep the raindrops at bay. But it tends to wear off quite easily and often during heavy rainfall. That is why it is not suggested for the places which receive heavy rainfall for an extended period of time.
It is better to pick the glass treatment which is capable of withstanding the weather conditions at your place. You do not want to go with the cheapest but the best option since we are talking about road safety here. And failing to do so can be fatal for you as well as the cars and pedestrians that you come across on your drive.
Best Windshield Treatment For Rain
Let us move on to the best windshield treatments present in the market today. Below we have compiled a list of the most popular brands present and how they fare when it comes to customer experience.
1. Rain-X 5071268 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner and Rain Repellent
The Rain-X rain repellent works upon the beading technology to keep the view ahead clear for you. It is extremely easy to use. We get the best solution to wet weather driving without having to worry about out safety whenever we have to drive in heavy rains.
- It performs the dual function of cleaning the windscreen and coating it with a water-repellent layer.
- We found it effective against the rain, sleet, and snow as they just rolled away from the windscreen.
- The visibility during the wet weather driving dramatically increased upon its use.
- We just had to spray and then wipe it with no requirement for buffing.
- A streak-free cleaning of the glass is obtained for all the major automobile models.
- We found it ineffective against the harsh weather conditions.
- The dirty spots were present all over the glass screen after we scrape off the residual snow or sleet.
2. TriNova Windshield Rain Repellent
The TriNova rain repellent can be used on multiple glass surfaces. And that makes it useful for cars, boats, trucks, SUVs and other vehicles that have a glass screen to keep track of the path ahead. It causes the water to bead away and glide off gently from the glass screen.
- It actively discourages the buildup of sleet and snow on the windscreen.
- We just need to spray and leave it on the glass screen to get that spotless view.
- This product is available in 18 oz bottle with the incredible price tag of $13.97.
- We also get full protection from the germs and bugs that will otherwise just hit the windscreen and stay stuck there forever.
- All kinds of glass surfaces can be cleaned with the help of this product both inside and outside the home.
- It works well only when the glass surface is cleaned before the application.
- The long-lasting feature is missing with this rain repellent that requires frequent applications for the desired effect.
3. Rain-X 630022 Glass Cleaner and Rain Repellent Wipes
We don’t find the bottle packaging as handy and convenient as the properly packaged wipes. The Rain-X rain repellent wipes give you that comfort so that you can use it as and when you please to clean the glass surfaces.
- We obtained the streak-free cleaning for the automobile glasses thanks to this product.
- Finally the answer to getting full freedom from the bugs, rain, sleet, snow and other undesirable particles stuck to the windscreen.
- It can in a 2-in-1 formula that repels the rain and cleans the raindrops that still managed to sneak in somehow.
- All we need to do is use the wipes directly on the surface with no follow-up buffing required.
- These wipes make good use of the water beading technology to keep the glass surface clean.
- The wipes were half dry inside the package that made most of them useless.
- Some residual spots were left on the windscreen after the use.
4. Rain-X 800002250 Glass Treatment Trigger
Rain-X is one of the most trusted brands among vehicle-owners all over the world. The Rain-X glass treatment trigger has been proven to improve the visibility and thus decrease the response time in crucial moments on various different occasions.
- The refined beading technology works extra hard to keep the water away from your glass screens at all times.
- Wet weather visibility is tremendously improved with the help of this product as discovered in the recent major University studies.
- Rain-X products have a scintillating track record of over 40 years now and a large clientele that trusts it with their road safety.
- The hydrophobic technology works wonders with the glass screen to offer us the best and the most vivid view every time.
- The application is really simple where we need to just apply it to the surface and wipe it odd with a dry cloth.
- The nozzle of the bottle does not work properly in few of the bottles.
- The product runs out quicker than expected since the bottle is not suitable for judicious use.
5. Aquapel Glass Treatment By PGW 6 Single Use Applicators PPG
The glass treatment is available in the form of easy to apply applicators. And we don’t even have to worry about the optimum quantity required since this on-time applicator contains the right amount of repellent that needs to be applied.
- We just need one applicator for cleaning the entire windscreen properly at a time.
- It is extremely easy to use and apply and we only need to take care of a few things during the application.
- No damage was done to the rubber casing or the paint coating around the glass which keeps the aesthetics and structure of your vehicle intact.
- It can last for months at a time when applied correctly and the vehicle is not exposed to direct sunlight when parked.
- The usage could not be any simpler as it is very easy to apply and wipe off after properly buffing over the windscreen.
- It can leave undesirable spots all over the windscreen when not used properly which are extremely hard to get rid off.
- Some shipments might contain dried up applicators which need to be reported immediately for getting proper replacement or refund.
Rainy season is a great time to enjoy great food with even greater company. Don’t let the worry of your foggy windscreens keep you from enjoying it fully. Just get a suitable rain repellent today and make the most of every season throughout!
Which rain repellent are you using at present? What do you like and dislike about it? Let us know all about it in the comment section below. Tell us what you want to read about next and we will be more than happy to give you a valuable scoop of the same!