A total of 7 amazing car wax brands researched for over 11 hours led us to the informed decision that the CarGuys Liquid Wax is the best car wax for silver cars. It excels in ease of application, durability and the extraordinary finish.
But you can don’t need to worry even if you cannot afford this one at the moment. Just scrap together round about 20 dollars and get the Meguiar’s G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax for your silver beast. You will be able to get an acceptable result even with this one till the time you are able to save up and upgrade to our premium choice.
Silver is a tricky color to upkeep on a car. But a silver car comes with its own charm. You just need to be a bit more careful while picking up a suitable car wax for this shade since it needs to assimilate and revive the old shine simultaneously.
Factors To Consider Before Buying
You cannot just wake up one day, decide to be a responsible car owner and yet buy any random car wax. When it comes to car waxes, the right fit is very important. Here, we are discussing the main factors that you should take a mental note of before making the final transaction.
Types of Waxes
Today we have three main types of waxes in the market- liquid, paste and spray wax. Now depending upon your requirement, you can pick the corresponding option. Go for the spray wax when you want an easy application with almost zero stains on the plastic. Pick paste wax when you want easy application along with durability.
A clean coat finish is usually the final goal with a car wax. We want our car to finally look almost brand new and definitely without any haze or stain over it. But the minute particles and chemicals in the wax composition may disrupt the surface and make the car look duller than before.
Plastic on Car
Sometimes, you might get the wax residue over the plastic components of your car including the panels, bumper, and other parts. You must always use a plastic cleaner for removing this residue to properly take care of all the haze and abrasion causing particles.
Age of Car
A car still retains most of its shine within a couple of years of use. You don’t need to do any heavy-lifting to make it shine like a brand new model. It is the older cars that have oxidized and show all the signs of being a car in good use that needs special attention. In this case, go for the liquid wax which will bring back and maintain the shine for the most part.
These are the few key factors that you need to pay attention to while buying a car wax for your silver car.
Best Car Wax For Silver Cars
Here, we have compiled a list of our top 7 car wax brands with important details. Keep reading to know how they can make your task simpler.
1. Meguiar’s White Wax
The wax has been designed keeping in mind the requirements and concerns of the silver car owners. It contains a blend of micro-cleaners that remove the light oxidation and dust particles from the surface keeping it shining for a long time. Invest wisely in your car with this purchase at just under the 15 dollars margin.
- Comes with the hand applicator pad to apply it easily with hand.
- Long lasting and durable protection is achieved with the help of synthetic polymers present.
- You get only brilliant gloss with no visible swirls with its clear coat safe formula.
- Has been designed to offer amazing shine and reflections to light colored and white cars.
- The car washing process becomes relatively easy with its regular use.
- It might contain solvents that can corrode the surface of your car.
- The tube is a bit bigger and bulkier than what you might be used to for easy application.
2. Turtle Wax Colored Car Polish
The polyurethane rich liquid wax comes in a variety of colors to suit your purpose. It rejuvenates both color and shine of your car like never before. The turtle wax still retains its original quality and can offer the shine that lasts for as long as 25 washes. Priced well below 30 dollars, it is well worth every cent spent.
- Avail the full money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
- Comes with the very handy chipstick that can be used to cover over the scratches and rock chips quickly.
- Enjoy the wide range of options in terms of colors that include – dark green, dark red and light red among others.
- Can be used to polish and shine all kinds of vehicles and surfaces.
- Has been around generation giving a quality performance at the same old world prices.
- The coverage is not up to the mark.
- You might get a colored tinge of the wax on your vehicle’s surface.
3. CarGuys Liquid Wax
This is a fully synthetic polymer sealant by nature. You get the benefits of carnauba paste wax along with the protective cover of a paint sealant. This way you don’t need to apply a bunch of product on your car with tons of effort. Just do few quick swipes of this wax and you are all done. At about 40 dollars, you can buy it from anywhere online.
- Its formula is so effective and durable that you are only going to need to apply a couple of times a year.
- Get that elusive mirror shine that lasts for days without so much as a stain on the surface.
- Easy to apply and buff without having the need to tire yourself completely over this simple task.
- Enjoy the risk-free purchase that comes with a full refund guarantee anytime after the purchase.
- The nanopolymers present within it promote cross-linking to make that shine durable.
- It ruins the plastic and rubber surface upon contact.
- Might leave the surface scratched and dull if not used in the right manner.
4. Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
It offers long-lasting protection against water spots, contamination, solar rays and most of the other problematic agents. This wax can be applied easily with the help of a machine or by hand itself. It is highly versatile and supports simple and effective use. You can get one for your car today at about 40 dollars.
- Developed with intensive research for the space industry to get that reflective shine.
- Offers the finest finish while possessing the anti-corrosion properties for complete protection.
- Harshest environmental elements fall weak against its strong protective coating.
- The molecules of this product bonds well with the vehicle’s exterior to give that wet glossy look.
- Just one application can last for as long as 12 months at a time.
- The water beading effect never springs to action after application.
- Might fail to stay effective after just a couple of washes.
5. Meguiar’s G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax
Reflectivity, durability, and protection are the three main areas where this wax can definitely help your vehicle. It can be applied and removed with the same ease so that you can get on with your day without getting stuck in this process forever. Make it a part of your car maintenance kit at somewhere around 40 dollars.
- You can use the dual action Meguiar’s MT300 Dual Action Polisher for the simplest and most efficient application process.
- Can easily be applied with the hands too for getting that clear coat all over.
- Surface tension is increased with its Hydrophobic Polymer technology that makes the water to bead and gently rolls over.
- No stains will occur on the surfaces where you don’t wish to apply it such as the panels and other trim pieces.
- Lasts for a long time after every single application while you enjoy the ultimate reflective shine and depth.
- You might get the product that has separated into different liquids within the bottle.
- The strong pungent smell will get some getting used to after application.
6. Meguiar’s G18211 Ultimate Paste Wax – 11 oz.
The thin film technology is meant to make the application and removal easier than ever. You can use it with utmost comfort even in full sun. Enjoy the mirror-like long-lasting shine with every single pack that you get. The reasonable almost 30 dollars budget makes the Meguiar’s G18211 Ultimate Paste Wax easily accessible to everyone.
- All kinds of glossy paints and coats will do just fine with its application.
- Its advanced polymers make the coat long lasting and robust for your vehicle.
- Is extremely safe to use on a variety of surfaces without any kind of inconvenience.
- Provides a strong coating that can withstand a number of washes before it starts to wear off.
- The well-engineered chemical formula is meant to keep you and your vehicle out of all kinds of trouble.
- The microfiber cloth might be missing from few of the packages.
- The customer care service can use a bit of upgrade in quick and helpful communication.
7. Pinnacle Natural Brilliance PIN-310 Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax
The carnauba paste wax is practically the gold standard of car waxes. The Pinnacle Natural Brilliance have just made this substance all the better without compromising on its original competency. It uses a combination of naturally available fruit oils and the finest wax. In about 50 dollars, you can add this revolutionary material to your car waxing kit.
- Easy to apply buttery texture will never make you dread the waxing process as it approaches.
- The naturally available Brazilian ivory carnauba have been used mainly in this wax.
- It offers the uncanny shimmer and utmost protection to the surface of your vehicle.
- No need to worry about the haze, stains and any other undesirable pattern that can dull the exteriors.
- It pairs well with all kinds of colors and paints types to make it easy on you, no matter your vehicle of choice is.
- The price is exponential as compared to its current counterparts with almost the same benefits.
- It attracts a greater amount of dust to the surface of the vehicle as opposed to the one without a wax coating.
These are our top 7 selection from the current range of car waxes specifically for the silver cars.
Tips To Polish White Or Silver Cars
You might have the best car wax for your car but still, you need to keep in mind a few important points to make sure that you are able to benefit fully from this purchase.
Test It First
It is always better to start with a small surface. If you are using a wax for the first time, it makes no sense to apply it all over the service without any point of reference. You need to be completely sure about the product before you can let it come in contact with the surface of your car.
If the surface reacts badly then you will be doing much damage to your vehicle in the first go itself. Try out on a surface that is away from the line of sight. This way even if something goes horribly wrong then you will not lose out much. You can always learn from your mistake in this manner without gambling with the entire look of your car.
Invest Well in the Waxing Gear
Today, the wax has been designed for the ease of use. You can use your hand, an old rag or a proper waxing equipment to polish your car and give it that blinding shimmer. But, if you are waxing by yourself for the first time then try a proper waxing machine for comfort.
Gradually, as you get a hold of this entire process, you can switch to a cloth rag or ever your hands. The terry cloth rags are good but not as efficient as the microfiber ones. Get a bunch of them and you will be all done for a good number of months.
Always Wash Before Waxing
Before waxing your car, keep in mind to park it away from the sun. This way the paint will not get hot and susceptible to a greater number of scratches. Just take a small surface and start washing it with an automotive-suitable cleaning solution.
Keep in mind to not let the soapy solution stay on too long else it might be harder to get it off the surface completely. After you have washed it properly, let it dry completely before putting on the wax. This way you will be starting on a clean and dry surface that will attach itself more readily to the applied wax.
These are the few tips that can make polishing your silver car a lot easier on you.
Waxing makes your car look a ton better and stay stronger from outside without you having to spend a fortune on the upkeep every few months. The CarGuys Liquid Wax is the best car wax for silver cars according to our in-depth research.
Do you agree with our picks? Tell us where and how we can improve it for giving you more crisp and useful information in the comment section below. Also, share it onward with your dearest friends and family right away before you forget!